Skip to main content

So Far, So Good, So Awesome

Due to the delicate nature of the activities going on with my life, I would simply say that 2011 is starting out on a high, despite all the flux of various problems and issues going on in my life. Although nothing's final yet, it is only a matter of time before I sign on the dotted line and move on to eliminating the distractions in the process.

I really need this what they call a "better life." Not really for my sake, because I'm pretty solid the way I am. Come to think of it, if I were put into a different situation than the one I'm in right now, I wouldn't change anything with what I was doing before and still be a happy camper. I'd be relaxing on the couch right now, watching some obscure movies I've downloaded from torrent, running through some scales with my guitar, and probably have a beer or two with a couple of friends to round out the day. Boring and sad as it is, but that was my life before.

But all those things have to be put on hold. Fun activities, yes, but they're not really priorities at the moment. The burden I have been carrying these past few years have dropped on me like the world on Atlas' shoulders. Seeing myself doing the same things in life, it simply gave me a different perspective of how to deal with the obstacles and roadblocks that impede my progress in life.

This time, I really have to do something in order to stop this madness. I started saying to myself, "I can do this, I can do this" repeatedly until I actually believed it. I started believing in me.

This year, it's for the people I care for, the people I've loved for so long and have seen suffer on my watch. I have lived a comfortable life with a loving family and financial stability. Now, it's time to give back not only to the people who have helped me become everything that I am right now, but also save my loved ones who have endured too much of life's tolls already.

I am tired, broke, broken, beaten down, battered, and besieged. But despite it all, my purpose inspires me. This new direction I'm treading (nothing to do with Glee, mind you) has given me a newfound sense of urgency to succeed and simply become better than ever. These so-called problems have fueled my passion to simply overcome them.

Bring it on!

Comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...