Skip to main content

2012 Review and 2013 Wishlist

  • Finish edits on Grade 3 Worksheets I made last year. I only received half of the worksheets fore correction. Maybe I did an unsatisfactory job on the first drafts I wrote so they took it upon themselves to correct the mistakes I made. No matter, I did get the complete payment for the worksheets, so I guess it's all good.
  • E-mail my English professor and ask for a chance to finish and submit my incomplete final paper a year ago about Umberto Eco's "Baudolino" before the current semester ends. Done. My 28-page paper got a 1.5 (1.0 being the highest).
  • Drop a subject that I have no intention of retaking. Done.
  • Submit request to the Dean to take my foreign language exam in German, hopefully the second semester of next year's school year. Not yet. I have yet to finish a core subject (which also happens to be my last subject for the program) before I submit my intention to take a foreign language exam.
  • (Re)Learn German. Not yet. I'm planning to download an audiobook instead of paying thousands of pesos for a language I probably won't use anytime soon.
  • Actually learn the history of Anglo American Literature. Next.
  • Read the required books I failed to read from previous years in school (Wild Sargasso Sea, The Age of Innocence, The Sound and the Fury, My Antonia, Surfacing, and other shit). This is a doozy. I still haven't done reading them for a reason - I'm trying to save up for my big plans this year, hopefully. Still, this sounds more like an excuse than anything else. 
  • Buy a new QWERTY smartphone (hello, Samsung Galaxy Y Pro or LG Optimus Pro). I bought an HTC ChaCha. Totally worth it.
  • Buy Zoom G2.1(u), Behringer Compressor/Sustainer, and a Squire Stratocaster. Nope.
  • Buy an MP3 player (either an iPod or something from Sony). Nope.
  • Go to Baler and try out my luck in surfing. Nope.
  • Get that goddamned album released. Nope.
  • Learn how to cleanly sweep, tap, and divebomb with my guitar. Tried but failed.
  • Go to Tagaytay again. That I did.
  • Be better at my relationship. Still working on it.
  • Relax. Not always. Still in the process of making peace with my inner self. Whatever that means.

2013 Wishlist

  • Finish my paper for my Asian Literature class on February - March
  • Find a way to dedicate at least 40 hours for my current client, who's been too gracious, kind, and generous to a fault. Suffice to say, I intend to return the favor.
  • Get promoted ASAP.
  • Be able to help more for my family, in some capacity.
  • (Re)learn German.
  • Finish my graduate studies, which seems to be an insurmountable challenge at the moment.
  • Purchase a second-hand electric guitar with a fixed bridge.
  • Learn divebomb. I really need it.
  • Write 5-6 songs for the band.


Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...