Skip to main content

A Guilty Gamer's Confession

So my fiancee bought me a Nintendo Wii this past month. Here's how it happened while passing by an electronics shop at the mall.

Me: I'll show you one of my biggest frustrations later (points to the gaming section).
Her: Which one do you like best?
Me: I've always wanted to buy Wii
Her: Then let's buy it then.

The first thing that came up my mind was to flat out refuse the offer since having a gaming console isn't really high on my list of needs.

But I have really been wanting for one ever since it was released in 2007.

My refusal to buy a gaming console can be traced back to 1996. I was bitching to my parents about buying me a Playstation, which cost a cool Php10,000. After much prodding and heckling on my part, my father eventually gave in as we headed to the video store.

While I was extremely grateful that they bought me a Playstation,  I won't forget that day was his somewhat sad eyes hiding even those thick and furrowed brows. It was an expensive and needless thing to buy for an entitled spoiled brat like myself  who has owned a Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo prior to the purchase.

I really felt guilty for having to put him into a situation where I was simply being, well, a kid. After that, I vowed to myself to never ask for really expensive things from my 'rents again (although I eventually break that promise - something to do with the upcoming wedding).

This time, however, I'll give in to the temptation. I mean, it's been a while, hasn't it?


Was it worth it? You bet your ass it is!

I don't get to play it as much as I want to, but it has more than fill up the gap that was left since my Playstation naturally died out. I'm still amazed with the wireless motion sensor controller and the possibilities for innovation in how games are played. Definitely changed my worldview.

It just feels good to be back where I belong.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...