Skip to main content

11 Years

 


I swore off writing on this blog in 2009 when I transitioned to writing for a different one.

The reason was simple: tabula rasa.

I believed I turned into a different person back then, that I'm ready to make the change with new challenges looming over the horizon.

I was ready to turn in a new leaf, to let bygones be bygones, and embrace the uncertainty that tomorrow brings with an open heart and mind.

For years, this sentiment ring true. I did change.

The part of me that was this blog for years was scrubbed off from my essence. It became a shell of what this blog represented.

At least, I tried to.

But let's face: the more things change, the more they stay the same.

You can't teach old dogs new tricks.

I could go on and on with these empty platitudes that govern our lives.

Because that's all there ultimately is, this void that we're trying to fill to make ourselves feel alive.

Prior to writing this, I revisited this blog and the other one that I made in place of this.

I vividly remember what I was feeling when writing those words. Those moments captured in these blog posts that seemed long ago but remains fresh in my mind.

They were coming from a place of authenticity. It's true that the posts were incoherent, unnecessary, and insipid at best.

But, as this blog's tagline suggests, there is nothing but the truth to those ramblings. 

They weren't forced out of me like blood being squeeze out from a stone.

They are a byproduct of random and stilted outbursts that have neither rhyme nor reason.

I didn't have to fucking SEO them to death, which is pretty much my identifier nowadays as a professional writer.

But they aren't for business.

These otherworldly endeavors, my self-serving musings, suit me.

I just don't belong anywhere. I'm not normal like anyone else who demands to be loved and orders milk tea every day.

I like it here.

I am amused by the fact that this blog is still here, but not really here at the same time. 

Nobody knows about this place and nobody should. Better to keep it that way.

If this pathetic little space online dies, nobody would give a shit. Life goes on like the well-oiled machine that it is.

Because, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. I'll still keep doing it.

And 11 years...

There's no place like home.

Forgive me, dear non-existent reader, for yet another vague, convoluted, and esoteric blog post.

While the audience of Zero should have seen this coming, there's a reason for my return.

To be honest, there's so much to unpack, so much that has happened and has been happening. It's simply impossible to release everything in one go.

I'll try to break everything down one by one, for my own sake.

But this post is just a note ensuring that I am back.

No lie.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...